Saturday, September 10, 2011

Book Review: Dear Princess by Mary M. Landis


"Dear Princess," published by Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc., "Is a 'how-to' book that is written to lead Christian girls step by step into victorious Christian living."  (From the back cover of the book.)

This book is an excellent guide for girls in their pre-teen through teen years.  It discusses topics from cultivating the Fruits of the Spirit, to modesty, to pleasing God, and much more. Dear Princess has been such a blessing in my life.  I found it to convict and challenge me in many ways and it encouraged me to become a better Christian and walk closer to God.  I highly recommend this book for all young ladies - it is very helpful and interesting.  This could also be used as a devotional or  in a Young Ladies Bible Study.

Violence: None
Indecency: None
Language: None
Warnings: There are a couple of chapters that discuss Boyfriends and purity - it doesn't go into great detail, but it is there.  My Mother read it before I did and felt that it was not inappropriate for me to read - however you may feel differently for your daughter, especially if she is younger.
Age Level:  11 and up

4 comments:

  1. This books was extremely helpful to me as a young teen. I like your idea for this blog!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea for this blog! Have you heard of the books by Lamplighter Publishing? I think you would enjoy them--my entire family loves reading them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED that book. =) I own it and highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent blog! I too have a book review blog you should check out! I always love looking at other blogs like mine for ideas. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete